View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 05:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I could sell Bacon, but I am supposed to deliver bread to Whole Foods as soon as Boss gets a vendor number, so hopefully that will provide me with more hours. While I had overtime last week, this week is looking more like my normal twenty-seven hours. While I would rather not go to drill this weekend, I might make more money there than at my day job (this week).

As for the repossession, a police officer in her town told me that I needed to prevent that crazy girl from driving my car without insurance, made sure that I understood that I was liable for whatever she did in my car, and said that if she wanted to drive the car, she needed to get a bank loan. The judge never said anything about me taking back my car, he just ordered me to refund her payments. I could have counter-sued for what I paid to insure her and for the damage she did to my car. Maybe he would have deducted the insurance from her payments. Maybe he would have said that her payments only covered a portion of what she cost me, so she was not receiving anything. Whatever, I was not trying to get her money, or make the process take longer than necessary. Now I just wait to see the terms. If in ten days I receive an order to pay her in full within twenty days, then in thirty days I will pay her. If I am allowed to make payments, then I will change my timing belt first and make payments according to the schedule.

She did bad things to my car, but it is still worth much more than she paid towards it; if I sold the car, I could pay her and use the rest to replace my timing belt.