View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #31 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydave View Post
How about leaving an opening for cars turning onto the road from a side street or parking lot? I will leave a gap so someone can get out.
Yep, equally those turning out can check the lights holding up the traffic (or whether the queue is moving further down) and wait if it is green (or moving) - otherwise those in the queue might not make it across the red and will be less likely to be so kind again. Karma pays back and takes away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydave View Post
Or in the city where it is a light and another light just a few car lengths ahead people will block the entire road and be in the middle of the intersection stopped at the red light. I wont move if I cant fit on the other side of it.
Agreed again. We have yellow cross-hatching for junctions which are not supposed to be blocked, one is at the end of my road. Unfortunately the local council owned bus company seems to think it has a right to block them if it so pleases so quite often I find my "keep clear" junction totally blocked by a bus.

4 way flashers (aka Hazard lights here in Blighty) do not mean "Free Parking Anywhere" - just so you know...