View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 06:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
172pilot
EcoModding Lurker

NotSo Neato Batteries..

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Any ideas as to how my battery might be failing prematurely? I've decided to buy 2 new batteries to get the thing running again, and keep the old batteries around to scavenge cells when the new pack gets weak.
I'm curious after a little bit of time, whether the new batteries you ordered did the trick?? I have a "refurb" neato vac, and it's doing the same thing.. It ran for about 60 minutes the first two times, then it started doing it's 5 minute at a time thing.. I upgraded the firmware, because they say it had some battery issues, and then did a "new battery" trick on the Neato, and let it calibrate again, and it worked again TWICE and is now failing again..

If this is a problem with the batteries, then I guess I'd be OK buying a new set, even though I think they would owe it to me on warranty, but if it's a charger problem, and/or just a fact of life with Neato, then I may just want to cut my losses here...

I couldn't tell from your pictures - How were the neato's batteries wired? There's a 4 pin plug.. Can I gain any insight, and/or do at least a partial balanced charge through the exposed connector? I have a balancing charger meant for LiPos for an RC airplane that would work fine if so...

Thanks!
Steve