View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 08:58 AM   #274 (permalink)
OG VX
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Update 2/19/2015- Parts Acquisition + Sparco Racing Seat Restoration

Hello all,
As I have said in the past, I feel as though I spend twice as long in the planning/parts acquisition process as I do actually turning wrenches on a project. This month has proven to be no exception to that rule. I started by making a list of all parts needed for “Stage 2” of the build. I then prioritized things out, based off of price-point and need/desire. Next, I got to work “acquiring” stuff.

Parts Ordered/Acquired for Stage Two of Build:

Large flat cardboard sheet to fab-up rear end aero:

Delivered last week from Stock Car Steel, Mooresville NC -
(2 large sheets of 20 guage steel + PlexiGlass)

Rivet Nuts, Stainless Allen-Head bolts, and Anodized Washers to mount aero pieces.

5x7’ CF Vinyl for roof and grill/fog/antenna blocks plus mirror deletes

Green Stitch Steering wheel cover ; Italian leather. Delivered from the UK.

Ordered two of these. One for transmission shifter. One for...

Glass-mount powered antenna + Ipod audio adaptor for my JVC radio

..and (random, but I’ll include): for our truck:

4x4 Side Decal Stripes

Finally, I got lucky on CL the other day, pulling this Sparco seat home two hours after running into the post. I was able to work a GREAT deal on it, so I just couldn’t pass it up. It will replace my ripped up OEM drivers’ seat. I was having a lot of trouble finding a matching OEM replacement (that wasn't also ripped). I’ll keep looking, but until then, I’ll try out a real “race seat”, for once.
I got it home, and started the “restore” of the seat a few days later.

Now, I just need this cold weather to break. We (finally) got real winter weather over here in NC.

Be back soon with a post about the first round of the seat install, which is now complete: Restoration & Repair.

Thanks for EcoTuning in!
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX