View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 06:18 PM   #278 (permalink)
OG VX
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Update 2/22/15: Read-End Aero (Finally) ; Part One

A lot going on right now. Had my birthday last night.

Things settled down a bit today, and I finally had some time + good weather to start the rear-end Aero. As mentioned before, I'm using "The Donkey CRX" rear-end designs.

First, I sat down and mock things up. After a bit of sketching, this is what settled on. A good bit of Donkey's stuff, a bit of OG spice, and a touch of NASA.

Last "before" pic.

Getting started:

I'm using "Contractor Paper" from Lowes. Got a big 'ol roll for $10. It's the jam for roughing up designs. It's also great for masking. The finished designs will then go to cardboard for further testing, and then finally the 20 guage steel.

I'll update once I have more. That's it for now. Son woke up early from nap, and all hell broke loose inside the house from the misses. So, I swooped in and saved the day. The first side aero will have to get finished later...maybe tonight.

Younger readers: Successful build = you happy, but momma happier!

Speaking of which, I gussied our truck a bit for her. New 4x4 decals came in. Not the matte-black I ordered. Didn't realize it until the first one was on . These were, easily, the toughest decal I've ever had to put on, not really sure why. I had to pray a couple of times...

Until next time, as always, thank YOU for EcoTuning in!
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

The Following User Says Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
bluesteel93 (02-23-2015)