View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #28 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Hey, your situation is all you! You could have bought an Escalade, no skin off my back. Now, if you DID get an Escalade or like a CT200h I'd probably roll my eyes and just not say anything...but you made a reasonable choice. Just not an extremist choice lol

I'll use my Insight and stuff a person, a Live Stock Guardian, some rifles, electronics, and emergency bag for a 7 hour trip and won't shut up about how great it is...some people need a little more convenience than some others

(I realized this doesn't sound like much, but 150-220 pounds of person (plus 230 of me), 120 of dog, 2 tablets, notebook, Nikon, AR, rifle, sidearms, ammo, vest, clothing, food, camping supplies, all the gear that goes with it (lenses, chargers, batteries, cables, mags, hard drives/memory cards) and then whatever we buy stuffed in on the way back is a LOT. People probably see me and think I'm a hippie in my 'lame Eco space ship...' Lol)
If you are 230 then you have another 95 pounds of weight capacity for a total of 325 pounds. THAT is the manufacturers rated capacity. Sounds a couple hundred overloaded to me and I did own a 1st gen Insight.

It needed $6k in warranty work in 30k miles, equal to 20 of my current Sentras, not including the purchase price which would be 33 more Sentras.

OP can also write off $20k a year on his taxes.

regards
mech

Last edited by user removed; 03-02-2015 at 09:34 AM..