Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

2011 Prius - '11 Toyota Prius II
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydave View Post
I Just think it is funny you don't buy a car because it... " was uncomfortable and lacked a center console with usable armrest/storage "

such a foolish and typical american way to buy a vehicle. Did you also count the cup holders in each vehicle? Did you only count the vehicles with an AUX input for the new iphone6?

Americaaaa!!!

Uh, I'm a copier tech, I drive 40k miles a year, I work from 8am to 5pm and 6 of those hours are spent sitting in my car. I have to carry for work, 2 laptops, a tablet, a "car stock" of parts for commonly replaced parts on Kyocera and Xerox full size copiers and printers and deliver machines under 80 lbs with my car. At minimum $7000 worth of parts in my car at any given time, I need storage, space and the ability to sit in the car for long periods of time in a car with out losing my mind, I made my decision based on how I personally felt about the 3 different hybrids. I didn't need to make the switch, I wanted to because I'd rather put more money in my pocket, besides the 2014 Accord, also have a 2014 silverado crew cab, 05 rx8 6spd and a 05 mazda3.

If being selfish with my money makes me a "typical" American, then I'm proud of it, you can go outside and play hide and go f*ck yourself for all I care.

Last edited by Dalamar; 03-01-2015 at 03:06 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
You already bought a car...but a G1 Insight without a passenger seat, or anything in the rear but a battery can hold a considerable amount.
I know, I tried, but only about 75% of what I carried for work fit, and that didn't count the 2 kyocera 3140's I had in the backseat of the Accord :/

I really wanted the 2nd gen insight, but the prius was just a better fit for what I wanted to accomplish being the typical American that I am :P

Last edited by Dalamar; 03-01-2015 at 03:09 PM..
Old 03-01-2015, 03:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Hey, your situation is all you! You could have bought an Escalade, no skin off my back. Now, if you DID get an Escalade or like a CT200h I'd probably roll my eyes and just not say anything...but you made a reasonable choice. Just not an extremist choice lol

I'll use my Insight and stuff a person, a Live Stock Guardian, some rifles, electronics, and emergency bag for a 7 hour trip and won't shut up about how great it is...some people need a little more convenience than some others

(I realized this doesn't sound like much, but 150-220 pounds of person (plus 230 of me), 120 of dog, 2 tablets, notebook, Nikon, AR, rifle, sidearms, ammo, vest, clothing, food, camping supplies, all the gear that goes with it (lenses, chargers, batteries, cables, mags, hard drives/memory cards) and then whatever we buy stuffed in on the way back is a LOT. People probably see me and think I'm a hippie in my 'lame Eco space ship...' Lol)

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Hey, your situation is all you! You could have bought an Escalade, no skin off my back. Now, if you DID get an Escalade or like a CT200h I'd probably roll my eyes and just not say anything...but you made a reasonable choice. Just not an extremist choice lol

I'll use my Insight and stuff a person, a Live Stock Guardian, some rifles, electronics, and emergency bag for a 7 hour trip and won't shut up about how great it is...some people need a little more convenience than some others

(I realized this doesn't sound like much, but 150-220 pounds of person (plus 230 of me), 120 of dog, 2 tablets, notebook, Nikon, AR, rifle, sidearms, ammo, vest, clothing, food, camping supplies, all the gear that goes with it (lenses, chargers, batteries, cables, mags, hard drives/memory cards) and then whatever we buy stuffed in on the way back is a LOT. People probably see me and think I'm a hippie in my 'lame Eco space ship...' Lol)
I prefer my mini 14's :P p226 goes in the center console
honestly hearing about driving a hybrid was my biggest hurdle to over come, but at the end of the day I'd rather put the money I save elsewhere, like ar500 armor and more solid core rounds while I still can
The Following User Says Thank You to Dalamar For This Useful Post:
UltArc (03-02-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 04:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Not bad for a machine

Maechunbu - Retired - '00 Kia Sephia 1.8I4 16VDOHC
Last 3: 45.28 mpg (US)

Slasher - '96 Chevy Corsica 2.2L 3speedauto
Duct Tape Aero Crew
Team Chevy
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalamar View Post
If being selfish with my ______ makes me a "typical" American, then I'm proud of it, you can go outside and play hide and go f*ck yourself for all I care.
^ fixed that for you!

Old 03-01-2015, 05:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Dalamar, how dare you have the audacity to not buy a gen 1 Insight? You'll have to answer for this at the "Pearly Gates." LOL
Old 03-02-2015, 08:47 AM   #27 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.5 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 50.48 mpg (US)
Welcome to the Hybrid Zone. One thing you get with a Prius that I don't get with my manny-tranny HCH: silent running. Gently tipping into the accelerator and pulling away in buttery silence is sooooo niiiiiice. You WILL get hooked on that.

I won't fault your choice. You're working out of your car. Spending as much time in it as you are, it has to be right. If I worked out of my car, I can assure everyone here that the HCH would never have made the cut. Yes, a center console really is that important when your car is your office. When I worked out of a van, I built a center console to serve for recordkeeping and office purposes, as I was stuck with the van provided by my employer. Building a console isn't really an option in the tighter confines of a car, however.

DD doesn't know your situation and calling you out for letting ANY of your preferences blacklist one choice vs. another is ridiculous. You also had the preference for getting good fuel mileage, which led you here and predicated your narrowing the list to be heavy with hybrids. If the console preference wasn't valid, neither was the fuel economy one and we're all idiots for spending any time at all choosing one car over another.

One last thing: start a garage page on your Prius. For accelerated hair graying, start one for your trucks, too.

Have a better one.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #28 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:

If you are 230 then you have another 95 pounds of weight capacity for a total of 325 pounds. THAT is the manufacturers rated capacity. Sounds a couple hundred overloaded to me and I did own a 1st gen Insight.

It needed $6k in warranty work in 30k miles, equal to 20 of my current Sentras, not including the purchase price which would be 33 more Sentras.

OP can also write off $20k a year on his taxes.

regards
mech

Last edited by user removed; 03-02-2015 at 09:34 AM..
Old 03-02-2015, 06:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

not sure if it's acceptable or not, but this is my average for today

Old 03-02-2015, 06:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Chief - '06 Pontiac Grand Prix
90 day: 26.7 mpg (US)

SF1 - '12 Ford Fiesta S
90 day: 30.95 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalamar View Post
not sure if it's acceptable or not, but this is my average for today

Acceptable to who? You are the person who counts. Almost doubled what your last car was getting. I think that is fantastic.

Reply  Post New Thread