View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 09:35 PM   #72 (permalink)
bluesteel93
EcoModding Apprentice

Turtle - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 48.37 mpg (US)

SVO - '86 Ford Mustang SVO
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 22.03 mpg (US)
Did some minor maintenance work on Turtle today. New fuel filter, distributor O-ring, both v-tech solenoid gaskets, and EGR solenoid gasket. I also cleaned out the EGR solenoid ang passage with some carb cleaner. But now I noticed a small coolant leak from the 5/16 hose that connects the TB to the IM, so I have to fix that tomorrow.

Filled up again today too and got 51.8 mpg. Doesn't look like the tires have had too much of a positive effect yet, but they are still being broken in. At least I seem to be averaging over 50 mpg now according to my last 3 tanks.

I also ordered some wheel spacers today.

This gap between the wheel and the wheel arches is huge and was really starting to get to me. Now I don't know if this will be good or bad for aerodynamics (I've tried researching it but couldn't find anything conclusive) but I'm sure it will look 10x better and since I also want this car to look good I figure it's worth it. After measuring the gap I settled on 25mm spacers for the rear and 20mm for the front. I got them from Amazon, but they look like good quality pieces for the price. Here's the link if anyone want to check them out: Amazon.com: (2) 25mm (1") 4x100 Hubcentric Wheel Spacers for Honda Accord Civic CRX Prelude Acura Integra (56.1): Automotive

Let me know what you guys think.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluesteel93 For This Useful Post:
OG VX (03-02-2015)