Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2015, 02:27 PM   #71 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Turtle - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 48.37 mpg (US)

SVO - '86 Ford Mustang SVO
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 22.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
I forgot how good that steering wheel looks tbh.

IMO, what would be really cool is have DOAX make you a dual button shifter knob so you can have a starter button and a kill button side by side, so you don't have to actuate the key.
Thanks man! And you're right, that would be a cool idea about the shift knob. I'll have to see what Daox can do and look into the wiring for the start button.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-02-2015, 09:35 PM   #72 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Team Honda

Team Turbocharged!
Did some minor maintenance work on Turtle today. New fuel filter, distributor O-ring, both v-tech solenoid gaskets, and EGR solenoid gasket. I also cleaned out the EGR solenoid ang passage with some carb cleaner. But now I noticed a small coolant leak from the 5/16 hose that connects the TB to the IM, so I have to fix that tomorrow.

Filled up again today too and got 51.8 mpg. Doesn't look like the tires have had too much of a positive effect yet, but they are still being broken in. At least I seem to be averaging over 50 mpg now according to my last 3 tanks.

I also ordered some wheel spacers today.

This gap between the wheel and the wheel arches is huge and was really starting to get to me. Now I don't know if this will be good or bad for aerodynamics (I've tried researching it but couldn't find anything conclusive) but I'm sure it will look 10x better and since I also want this car to look good I figure it's worth it. After measuring the gap I settled on 25mm spacers for the rear and 20mm for the front. I got them from Amazon, but they look like good quality pieces for the price. Here's the link if anyone want to check them out: Amazon.com: (2) 25mm (1") 4x100 Hubcentric Wheel Spacers for Honda Accord Civic CRX Prelude Acura Integra (56.1): Automotive

Let me know what you guys think.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluesteel93 For This Useful Post:
OG VX (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #73 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
RE92'S have like a 3,000 mile break in time.

Also, those wheel spacers may help, it would allow smoother transition around the car as long as the tires don't stick out farther than the bumper.

The Following User Says Thank You to Baltothewolf For This Useful Post:
bluesteel93 (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 10:04 PM   #74 (permalink)
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Looks good! Nice idea on the spacers. Nice up close shot of the fog covers. Fitment of those is ON POINT Mr. Plasma Cutter

Any plans to lower the car? Front lip/dam? Man, your paint looks flawless!

You are running a 50-state ECU/O2 set up correct? Im sorry if I've already asked. I'm thinking the EGR clean up is really going to help you a lot. Also, have you ran any seafoam though the fuel tank yet? Maybe run that, then change the fuel filter? Then maybe a new fuel pump sock also? Pump is easy to get to and swap that out. Perhaps try running some 0w20 oil? What's the plugs gap? Compression test? What psi in your new tires? Feel like you have some untapped mpg in there! what are the temps where your at?

Sorry for all the questions
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

Last edited by OG VX; 03-02-2015 at 10:10 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
bluesteel93 (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 10:15 PM   #75 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Team Honda

Team Turbocharged!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG VX View Post
Looks good! Nice idea on the spacers. Nice up close shot of the fog covers. Fit meant of those is ON POINT Mr. Plasma Cutter

Any plans to lower the car? Front lip/dam? Man, your pant looks flawless!
Thank you sir! The plasma cutter is my brothers, he's got all of the fun expensive tools. I'm just lucky I get to use them.

The car is already on Tein S-Tech springs, but it does still have some gap up front. Gonna make a front lip/splitter combo eventually, along with side skirts, full belly pan, and a rear diffuser. Already have the aluminum just have to find time to fab everything up. Oh and the paints not perfect, it just looks good in pics Haha.

OG VX (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 10:41 PM   #76 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Team Honda

Team Turbocharged!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG VX View Post

You are running a 50-state ECU/O2 set up correct? Im sorry if I've already asked. I'm thinking the EGR clean up is really going to help you a lot. Also, have you ran any seafoam though the fuel tank yet? Maybe run that, then change the fuel filter? Then maybe a new fuel pump sock also? Pump is easy to get to and swap that out. Perhaps try running some 0w20 oil? What's the plugs gap? Compression test? What psi in your new tires? Feel like you have some untapped mpg in there! what are the temps where your at?

Sorry for all the questions
Haha looks like I answered my above post while you were editing yours.

I am running the federal version now with lean burn. I did seafoam the tank about 3 tanks ago which is why I just changed the filter. I'll have to check the sock at a later date. I do need to change the oil soon and was thinking of running a lighter weight but I'll have to research it a bit more. Plugs are factory gap, I forget what it is at the moment. Compression test was good when I first did it, about 185psi in all four cylinders if I remember correctly. I inflated the RE92s to 45psi cold. And temps around here have been pretty nice lately, it's rained a few times in the past few weeks but has stayed between 50-75 degrees for the most part. It's supposed to get up to 80 by the weekend.

I agree that I might have some untapped mileage to gain, but I think it also comes down to the terrain where I live. I can average over 60-65mpg on most trips that are mostly highway, but my "city" driving is a lot of hills and stop lights. It's hard to stay in the 40's most times.

OG VX (03-03-2015)
Old 03-11-2015, 04:09 AM   #77 (permalink)
Mister Miserly MPG Miser

Hey BS93, build is coming along nicely! I just came out of lurker mode after a year or so and made a forum account today finally. Snagging a VX of my own this Saturday, definitely planning on utilizing some of your ideas. Dem front air dam covers! Uber nice.
bluesteel93 (03-11-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 08:50 PM   #78 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Dino - '93 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 43.65 mpg (US)

White Shadow - '15 Toyota Prius C Two
90 day: 50.69 mpg (US)
Love the thread, just read through the whole thing and am very jealous of how your car is turning out. Looks amazing and seems to be running very much the same! Subscribed for more content and we're all waiting on that kammback!
Old 03-13-2015, 12:59 AM   #79 (permalink)
OG ONR 320k

Great progress, have fun with your vx!
I know I have, for the last 21 years with my vx.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmaze For This Useful Post:
bluesteel93 (03-14-2015)
Old 03-14-2015, 07:45 PM   #80 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Team Honda

Team Turbocharged!
Update 3/14/15

First of all thank you guys for the support! It's really appreciated.

Now I don't really even know where to begin. Got quite a lot of stuff done this past week. I guess I'll start with the small stuff...

Got a new horn button and painted the "H" on my center caps to match.

Wheel spacers came in. I got 25mm for the rear and 20mm for the front.

Before

After

Changed the oil using Mobil 1 synthetic 0w-30. Also ran some seafoam through the intake manifold.

Now onto the good stuff! About two months ago my brother and I started fabbing up a kammback, but I haven't been able to finish it until now. I'll just post all the pics and if anyone has questions let me know. We used my brothers sheet metal break to make all of the bends.

Then I decided to work on the front lip/airdam. My original plan was to incorporate a front splitter that doubled as the front part of the underbelly, but I didn't have time to finish that part. I might incorporate the splitter some time in the future when I work on the underbelly. This will have to do until then. Hopefully it doesn't get all banged up.

Now here's some glamour shots of the finished product, just wish the car wasn't so dusty... Oh and a bird decided to take a dump on the passenger side rear lol.

That's it for now. Got 64mpg on the trip back home from my brothers, but I'll have to wait and see how this tank turns out to really see the impact of these mods. Hope you all enjoy!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bluesteel93 For This Useful Post:
92civicvx (04-06-2015), California98Civic (07-13-2015), Insight for life (03-15-2015), Joggernot (03-15-2015), Littlestan (03-15-2015), OG VX (03-14-2015)
Reply  Post New Thread