View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 11:21 AM   #164 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
Yeah, I'm not wondering.

I no longer have a Mitsu engine in my fleet so I don't really have a wrench in this box, but I just have to say, your experiments and results just leave me floored. Finding more than 30mpg in a car that can reel of sub-Vette numbers in the 1/4 is good. Damned good.

Cracking into the 40s is something else entirely. It's like the moon shot of ecomodding.

Now, there are obvious tradeoffs. Rear seat has been annexed by the Plumbing Demons. There's a level of involvement required of the driver that no conventional car will be able to sell - 95% of everybody isn't interested in driving the car, they want to have driven the car. They aren't interested in the process at all. But if I had all the bells and whistles and control knobs that you've installed, yeah, I'd be tweaking them all day.

My hat's off, PGFPro. I am frankly impressed.
Thanks Man!!!

This car isn't very liked anywhere so that means a lot to me.

The performance crowd can't stand it because it's a 2.0L four cylinder that can get great fuel mileage.
The fuel economy crowd can't stand it because it's able to make a ton of power and accelerate like a all out drag car.

So its hated at all levels. There are some people on the F1 Technical forum that think its pretty cool but even most F1 fans hate the new 2014 F1 cars power plants being there a Hybrid type design. So its like at an engineering standpoint only.
So this is where I came up with the name Mis-Fit Talon.
It won't ever make any cover of any forum or be that liked because of the thought process of either make a performance vehicle or a economy vehicle.
Not both that's stupid.

Last edited by pgfpro; 03-06-2015 at 11:54 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
Cd (03-13-2015), deanznz (11-04-2023), JRMichler (03-06-2015), ME_Andy (03-06-2015)