Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2015, 09:26 AM   #161 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Cracker - '90 Honda CRX HF
Just want to reduce intake losses as you say you have zero losses. At some point I'm going to swap to D15z1 I think.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-06-2015, 09:40 AM   #162 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.62 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfpro View Post
There are times I wonder WTH is wrong with me.lol

eek:
Yeah, I'm not wondering.

I no longer have a Mitsu engine in my fleet so I don't really have a wrench in this box, but I just have to say, your experiments and results just leave me floored. Finding more than 30mpg in a car that can reel of sub-Vette numbers in the 1/4 is good. Damned good.

Cracking into the 40s is something else entirely. It's like the moon shot of ecomodding.

Now, there are obvious tradeoffs. Rear seat has been annexed by the Plumbing Demons. There's a level of involvement required of the driver that no conventional car will be able to sell - 95% of everybody isn't interested in driving the car, they want to have driven the car. They aren't interested in the process at all. But if I had all the bells and whistles and control knobs that you've installed, yeah, I'd be tweaking them all day.

My hat's off, PGFPro. I am frankly impressed.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to elhigh For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #163 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgrockefeller View Post
Just want to reduce intake losses as you say you have zero losses. At some point I'm going to swap to D15z1 I think.
I had some great results with my D15Z1 in my Del Sol.
Here's a pic of it when i did some N/A testing after I painted it.

Neptune screen shot.

This is a pic of the Del Sol before the D15 with a D16Z6 turbo and modified pistons for lean burn running Neptune with a HY35 Holset turbo. I learned a ton with this setup.

My first Civic the Black one with my first attempt building a lean burn system and my sons car the White one running a turbo D15 with lean burn.

Last edited by pgfpro; 03-06-2015 at 10:52 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
mpgmike (04-17-2022)
Old 03-06-2015, 11:21 AM   #164 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
Yeah, I'm not wondering.

I no longer have a Mitsu engine in my fleet so I don't really have a wrench in this box, but I just have to say, your experiments and results just leave me floored. Finding more than 30mpg in a car that can reel of sub-Vette numbers in the 1/4 is good. Damned good.

Cracking into the 40s is something else entirely. It's like the moon shot of ecomodding.

Now, there are obvious tradeoffs. Rear seat has been annexed by the Plumbing Demons. There's a level of involvement required of the driver that no conventional car will be able to sell - 95% of everybody isn't interested in driving the car, they want to have driven the car. They aren't interested in the process at all. But if I had all the bells and whistles and control knobs that you've installed, yeah, I'd be tweaking them all day.

My hat's off, PGFPro. I am frankly impressed.
Thanks Man!!!

This car isn't very liked anywhere so that means a lot to me.

The performance crowd can't stand it because it's a 2.0L four cylinder that can get great fuel mileage.
The fuel economy crowd can't stand it because it's able to make a ton of power and accelerate like a all out drag car.

So its hated at all levels. There are some people on the F1 Technical forum that think its pretty cool but even most F1 fans hate the new 2014 F1 cars power plants being there a Hybrid type design. So its like at an engineering standpoint only.
So this is where I came up with the name Mis-Fit Talon.
It won't ever make any cover of any forum or be that liked because of the thought process of either make a performance vehicle or a economy vehicle.
Not both that's stupid.

Last edited by pgfpro; 03-06-2015 at 11:54 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
Cd (03-13-2015), deanznz (11-04-2023), JRMichler (03-06-2015), ME_Andy (03-06-2015)
Old 03-07-2015, 01:59 AM   #165 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Getting on board!

I'm trying to see if there is any difference at all in the p28 or P06 when it comes to zip chip socketing it and using hondata or some free program. I mean if it's chip...who cares which one? p06 is cheaper $30 at junk yard. My WAI got to 127° today when it was 45° out and seems I went 140mpg on a quarter tank so might be working. On the other hand it idles at around 400rpm now?! no idea on that part of the change. I plan on OBD0 upgrade to obd1 like you advised and then going the programming route for "lean burn" in my d15b with 330k miles clean shell HF. I'll get pics soon
Thanks again for your assistance and those are some sweet rides even the NA del sol!!
Old 03-07-2015, 11:31 AM   #166 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
I'm trying to see if there is any difference at all in the p28 or P06 when it comes to zip chip socketing it and using hondata or some free program. I mean if it's chip...who cares which one? p06 is cheaper $30 at junk yard. My WAI got to 127° today when it was 45° out and seems I went 140mpg on a quarter tank so might be working. On the other hand it idles at around 400rpm now?! no idea on that part of the change. I plan on OBD0 upgrade to obd1 like you advised and then going the programming route for "lean burn" in my d15b with 330k miles clean shell HF. I'll get pics soon
Thanks again for your assistance and those are some sweet rides even the NA del sol!!
I'm trying to remember I think I used a PO6 with a VTEC board that was added on one of my builds. I think Moates has some info on this?
I might even see if I have a PO6 ECU in my collection of parts? If so you can have it. I also have a few of the 28 pin sockets, that your more then welcome to have also. I used a free version of CROME PRO a few years back it work pretty good. Before that I used just CROME and it worked OK but it was free so I didn't complain.
http://support.moates.net/unsupporte...onfigurations/

Keep me informed on your WAI outcome. Sounds like your making some headway?

The Following User Says Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
foxgrockefeller (03-08-2015)
Old 03-08-2015, 12:59 AM   #167 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

crx rewrite

yes, please on all! I'd be very happy to pay for the shipping. I can give you my address via private message or even text if you want. 913-703-3555 I think I'll try that crome pro if I can get my hands on it. I want zero intake losses but looks like it's a difficult goal to achieve
My WAI seems to be working good but I haven't tested the actual MPG yet, It got up to 132° today. With my GF's help I created the beginnings of rear wheel skirts and rear diffuser today but won't complete for a few days probably. Right now my rear end is jacked up about 5 inches because of the acura integra rear end. awaiting ebay lowering springs. Forgot to wash the car and also take the pics...ugh, memory fail at 35 is bad mmmk. Hope you're having a great weekend!
Fox
Old 03-08-2015, 03:05 AM   #168 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I recommend giving phone numbers (and other personal information) via personal message.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:33 PM   #169 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Another Update:

Some people were wanting to know what it looks like under the box? Here's a pic I took today, the post turbo exhaust is not hooked to the turbo in this pic, making some more adjustments on the exhaust system.

This takes ton of mock it up, then tear it back down, make more alterations then repeat. There's only so much room and it takes a lot of changes every time I add something.
So on a good note I took some time out last night and enjoyed our awesome warm weather. I took some broke up pallets from work and made a camp fire to enjoy some cooking over a flame and some nice wine to wash it all down. Its about the only thing that keeps me from going crazy.lol

Old 03-09-2015, 09:51 AM   #170 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.62 mpg (US)
Quote:
My WAI got to 127° today when it was 45° out and seems I went 140mpg on a quarter tank so might be working. On the other hand it idles at around 400rpm now?! no idea on that part of the change. I plan on OBD0 upgrade to obd1
You and PGF are shooting jargon back and forth at each other, it's like listening to Klingon opera. There must be meaning there, I just can't parse it out.

I'm very curious to know how the rest of your tank goes. Please don't leave me hanging.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
bio fuel, lean burn, turbo compound