View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVmetro
EcoModding Apprentice

The Prius problem

I am starting this thread for two reasons. The first, my disclaimer, is that I am a bit of an anti Prius troll, and the second is out of genuine curiosity. It seems that on my commute to and from work every day, I encounter a Prius who is interrupting the flow of traffic. There are certainly other makes and models with drivers who are out of touch with reality, but there seems to be a remarkable concentration of the Prius problem. There seems to be little regard for what is an appropriate speed to be traveling, and little regard for the slower traffic keep right concept. The next largest group of left lane owners that I have observed are various makes of mini vans, but they don't even come close to the Prius problem. I often try to get a look at the driver when I finally get a chance to get around it, and the drivers often have the seat way far forward, and the seat back straight up, hands at 10:00 and 2:00 the dmv driving manual. The windows are usually up, and although I can't hear what is going on inside the car, it is obvious that the there is no music playing. So, what's up with the Prius?