View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 07:04 PM   #171 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtamiyaphile View Post
I don't have a BSFC graph for the 500, but when I say my engine is either at BSFC or off, I refer to my daily driver Renault.
Doesn't matter ... whatever car it is ... Do you have a BSFC for it?
Ideally combined with the gear ratios data , from shaft to wheel.

Quote:
Actually as I was driving to work today, I realised I can still vary engine load 'artificially' by choosing when to run the A/C. Many new cars have inteligent algorithms controlling the alternator and A/C that work this way automatically.
Both of which can also be done in hybrids .. but hybrids have the potential to do so better than the ICE-only can... this just another +1 for the hybrid.

Quote:
The Fiat does 0-62 in 11 seconds, the stock 1st Gen did it in 11.5, the Fiat is 100kg heavier stock and would be 150kg heavier than the proposed finished car. Hard to see it not being faster as the turbo produces 80% of peak torque from 1500rpm.
quantified RPM vs Torque Curve makes it less guess work , and more quantifiable.

I can think of several possibilities ... different gear ratios ... Car and driver got 0-60 in 10.6 sec in the 2000 Insight not 11.5 ... etc ... etc ... but I would rather have data to make an informed decision than just guessing... or assuming either direction.

Do you have the torque vs rpm curve ?