View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 09:23 PM   #62 (permalink)
Chrysler kid
5 pin sensor

Zippy - '96 Honda Civic Hx
Team Honda
90 day: 40.77 mpg (US)

Boring - '11 Ford Fusion Sel
90 day: 21.88 mpg (US)
Alright ive been trying to research a bit about my car, if any other hx owner of Honda owner can clarify the markings on my car it would be much appreciated.

From what I can tell the hx had a very limited production run in 1996, or my car was one of the first with a manual transmission as I can only find references to cvt models in car and driver tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysler kid View Post

My civic hx has grease pen markings on the under side of the hood and on the gas tank under the car. The hood on my vehicle is the factory unit as it still retains all stickers, the car still has the factory Honda headlights and Honda front bumper (and they all have matching paint and matching hail damage.)

Under side of the hood

On my drivers side rear lower control arm

No idea what the A stands for, it is one the gas tank and rear shocks and B is on the front shocks*

Quote:

So I am under the assumption with a may of 96 build date my car was one of the last to roll off the line as a us spec 96 model

my chassis has the build date stamped on both shock tower

Quote:
If I understand the vin sequence correctly my car was number 54,380 built that year which would sound about right if I could find a 1996 us sales figure for the honda civic

My civic thread