View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 07:49 PM   #187 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgrockefeller View Post
I'm certain $10k was a deal considering no car manufacturer is selling a setup nearly as awesome as yours. I've almost got my CRX back together after putting in energy busings, new shocks, lower springs, camber kits to front and rear, then time for my aero!! I've sourced a low mileage VX swap for cheap and am picking it up this weekend. It's missing the O2 which I can't seem to find in a junk yard anywhere near here and the ECU. But I'm going to tune my ECU anyhow and rather than try to figure out how to make closed loop 5 wire O2 from VX work in it's stock state(2nd cpu inside stock ecu as wideband) I think it may be better to get a p28 and put your chip in it. Vtec-E should run just fine off a 4 wire O2 and tune, correct?
I knew it would be close to 10k but was wishing it was under.lol

Sounds like you are making some headway on your project?

I always wanted to do a VX engine with CROME/Neptune etc. I would think it would be a major plus with the extra tuning capable.

With CROME/Neptune I would defiantly go the wide-band route. It helps a ton with tuning the fuel maps.

The 28 pin socket I sent will still need a Ostrich or a chip that is flashed. I would go with the Moates Ostrich you can fine them used for around $50.00.
I have the drivers for the Moates also on a CD.