Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2015, 01:07 PM   #181 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME_Andy View Post
Does that mean you tapped holes for separate injectors for the solvent? That sounds like a crapload of work and extremely risky. But also awesome that you're getting fuel for free now.
This is a picture of the high temperature air injection rail unit that will inject air 3" in front of the intake valves. The factory built a inclosed rail inside the intake that I tapped into. It had already four one for each port .060 holes that are pointed to the center of the intake runners. This is also the waste paint solvent system when enabled. The first valve will control the amount of air flow. The there is a second valve that is between the air flow valve and intake, this controls the amount of waste paint solvent.

Here is a pic inside the intake the one on the left. There are four port nozzles one for each runner. This pic doesn't show the outside ones. This was used to distribute the PCV gases evenly to all four ports. I took this and modified it so it wasn't to difficult.

Last edited by pgfpro; 03-15-2015 at 06:39 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
mikeyjd (03-15-2015)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-15-2015, 07:12 PM   #182 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Black Bovine - '86 Toyota Supra N/A base
90 day: 16.86 mpg (US)

Grey Sandy - '03 Toyota Rav4 Sport Package
90 day: 21.3 mpg (US)

Panda - '03 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon GLS
90 day: 44.17 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfpro View Post
I'm a drag racer and love to do some auto-x every now and then.
DUDE! that's awesome. I feel oddly like I've seen this car before too but probably one like it. Have any of your DSM's been featured in car magazines?

I wonder if you were the owner of one of the cars I wanted when I was younger!

Thanks for the explanation of your turbo system, awesome work!

I thought about going with a turbo supra to get better MPG but I'm thinking I would just put my foot in it too often for that to work.

Any videos or showcase of your car elsewhere I can check out?

keep up the awesome work!

p.s. - what's an average (ROUGH guess) cost for a high HP 4cyl DSM buildup, and do you use stock axles, control arms and stuff? What's your dyno like?

I thought with such a quick time you'd be replacing all SORTS of suspension parts, did you need to? I know on a supra you have to above 400-500hp or so, or stuff starts to snap

Also, again mad props for achieving that MPG with all the drivetrain drag and obviously huge HP when you want it. I'm surprised if this car hasn't been featured or doesn't get a feature sometime soon.

I believe in efficiency with enjoyment. Trying to get economy without sacrificing comfort. It's working!
The Following User Says Thank You to figit090 For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (03-15-2015)
Old 03-15-2015, 07:47 PM   #183 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figit090 View Post
DUDE! that's awesome. I feel oddly like I've seen this car before too but probably one like it. Have any of your DSM's been featured in car magazines?

I wonder if you were the owner of one of the cars I wanted when I was younger!

Thanks for the explanation of your turbo system, awesome work!

I thought about going with a turbo supra to get better MPG but I'm thinking I would just put my foot in it too often for that to work.

Any videos or showcase of your car elsewhere I can check out?

keep up the awesome work!

p.s. - what's an average (ROUGH guess) cost for a high HP 4cyl DSM buildup, and do you use stock axles, control arms and stuff? What's your dyno like?

I thought with such a quick time you'd be replacing all SORTS of suspension parts, did you need to? I know on a supra you have to above 400-500hp or so, or stuff starts to snap

Also, again mad props for achieving that MPG with all the drivetrain drag and obviously huge HP when you want it. I'm surprised if this car hasn't been featured or doesn't get a feature sometime soon.
I just finished this car so not to many people have seen it yet. But it looks familiar because I made a John Shepard Talon look a like. John has the fastest AWD on the planet 7.70@ 191mph. In fact my Avatar is a picture of John Shepard's car. So I guess I accomplished what I wanted.lol
https://youtu.be/LiSptlw-L_U

I don't have any video yet but will soon have dyno and track times.
Here's my two friends that I was talking about from about two years ago both of them are a lot faster now.
https://youtu.be/y9VN-v0DStc
https://youtu.be/j-hlJNSSXtE

Cost for a 9 second car with good parts can run around 10k.
The stock block record (stock rods pistons and crank) is held by a guy in Florida running high 8 second 1/4 mile.
Once you start running faster then 9.00 your cost goes up to around 20+k
On my car I'm running stock rods with stock modified pistons and stock suspension. My goal is to run 9.90 @ 140MPH.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Last edited by pgfpro; 03-15-2015 at 07:55 PM..
Old 03-15-2015, 08:12 PM   #184 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Black Bovine - '86 Toyota Supra N/A base
90 day: 16.86 mpg (US)

Grey Sandy - '03 Toyota Rav4 Sport Package
90 day: 21.3 mpg (US)

Panda - '03 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon GLS
90 day: 44.17 mpg (US)
Quote:
I just finished this car so not to many people have seen it yet. But it looks familiar because I made a John Shepard Talon look a like. John has the fastest AWD on the planet 7.70@ 191mph. In fact my Avatar is a picture of John Shepard's car. So I guess I accomplished what I wanted.lol
https://youtu.be/LiSptlw-L_U

I don't have any video yet but will soon have dyno and track times.
Here's my two friends that I was talking about from about two years ago both of them are a lot faster now.
https://youtu.be/y9VN-v0DStc
https://youtu.be/j-hlJNSSXtE

Cost for a 9 second car with good parts can run around 10k.
The stock block record (stock rods pistons and crank) is held by a guy in Florida running high 8 second 1/4 mile.
Once you start running faster then 9.00 your cost goes up to around 20+k
On my car I'm running stock rods with stock modified pistons and stock suspension. My goal is to run 9.90 @ 140MPH.

Thanks again for the kind words.
You're welcome! Great car. those other videos were cool too. Hah, I knew I recognized the look then! I figured it had to be just a similar car because I knew you'd just recently finished it but thought maybe it was a remake of a car you once owned. Thanks for the info!

I believe in efficiency with enjoyment. Trying to get economy without sacrificing comfort. It's working!
The Following User Says Thank You to figit090 For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (03-15-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 12:43 AM   #185 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
Oh my Oh my

I did some addition to see my investment on my Talon so far.

Car $1100.00 Used
ECM Link SD Management System $ 700.00 New
Trans parts $500.00 New/Used
Head w/Cams $1000.00 Used/Rebuilt
Rings/Bearings etc. $500.00 New
Turbo's $1500.00 New/Used
Exhaust system $300.00 Used/Built
Waste Gates $500.00 New/Used
W/B, Map etc $300.00 New
Tires wheels $600.00 New/Used
Misc $1000.00

Investment $8000.00

Paint was Free PPG Sponsor
Labor on the car Mechanical and Body and Paint done by me. The exhaust was done by a friend.

The build took over three years and to be honest I could probably only get around $4000.00 out of it. So the ROI sucks but its be fun to build and keeps out of the bars.
Well I went past my 10k Cap. Things added to the build.
New Wheels & Tires mounted $1438.00
R2 Coil Overs $900.00
Turbo Box and belly pan material $300.00
Paint Recycle Tank line misc. $300.00
$10,938.00

Not the way I wanted to use my 1000 post on this forum.lol

Old 03-19-2015, 06:47 PM   #186 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Cracker - '90 Honda CRX HF
ouch

I'm certain $10k was a deal considering no car manufacturer is selling a setup nearly as awesome as yours. I've almost got my CRX back together after putting in energy busings, new shocks, lower springs, camber kits to front and rear, then time for my aero!! I've sourced a low mileage VX swap for cheap and am picking it up this weekend. It's missing the O2 which I can't seem to find in a junk yard anywhere near here and the ECU. But I'm going to tune my ECU anyhow and rather than try to figure out how to make closed loop 5 wire O2 from VX work in it's stock state(2nd cpu inside stock ecu as wideband) I think it may be better to get a p28 and put your chip in it. Vtec-E should run just fine off a 4 wire O2 and tune, correct?
Old 03-19-2015, 07:49 PM   #187 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgrockefeller View Post
I'm certain $10k was a deal considering no car manufacturer is selling a setup nearly as awesome as yours. I've almost got my CRX back together after putting in energy busings, new shocks, lower springs, camber kits to front and rear, then time for my aero!! I've sourced a low mileage VX swap for cheap and am picking it up this weekend. It's missing the O2 which I can't seem to find in a junk yard anywhere near here and the ECU. But I'm going to tune my ECU anyhow and rather than try to figure out how to make closed loop 5 wire O2 from VX work in it's stock state(2nd cpu inside stock ecu as wideband) I think it may be better to get a p28 and put your chip in it. Vtec-E should run just fine off a 4 wire O2 and tune, correct?
I knew it would be close to 10k but was wishing it was under.lol

Sounds like you are making some headway on your project?

I always wanted to do a VX engine with CROME/Neptune etc. I would think it would be a major plus with the extra tuning capable.

With CROME/Neptune I would defiantly go the wide-band route. It helps a ton with tuning the fuel maps.

The 28 pin socket I sent will still need a Ostrich or a chip that is flashed. I would go with the Moates Ostrich you can fine them used for around $50.00.
I have the drivers for the Moates also on a CD.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:03 PM   #188 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Cracker - '90 Honda CRX HF
All the moates I see on ebay are $175. $50 would be fine $175....nope :P
I've never flashed or chipped an ECU before but I figure most things out with enough time on the internet(years haha)
Tracking down info on tuning a D15z1 outside of just putting the P07 in there to get me down the road is another thing. Seems like 1 public posting about chipping that thing. what is your opinion? If I could make my car haul ass like yours and still get hella MPG, I would. Considering throwing this turbo I got sittin around at it RBH5 IHI but don't want to confuse things before I'm driving this thing. Other good news. I can put this setup in my crappy blue CRX for now until I get it going right then swap it into my nice White one
Old 03-20-2015, 12:38 AM   #189 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgrockefeller View Post
All the moates I see on ebay are $175. $50 would be fine $175....nope :P
I've never flashed or chipped an ECU before but I figure most things out with enough time on the internet(years haha)
Tracking down info on tuning a D15z1 outside of just putting the P07 in there to get me down the road is another thing. Seems like 1 public posting about chipping that thing. what is your opinion? If I could make my car haul ass like yours and still get hella MPG, I would. Considering throwing this turbo I got sittin around at it RBH5 IHI but don't want to confuse things before I'm driving this thing. Other good news. I can put this setup in my crappy blue CRX for now until I get it going right then swap it into my nice White one
I will start looking for a used Ostrich for you.

I'm not sure on the PO7 ecu???

I would get it running N/A first then go from there?

Old 03-20-2015, 12:45 AM   #190 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Had a couple people asking me about what a paint solvent recycler is?

Here's the one I use to run any paint solvent that's not looking good.

It's basically a still that heats discarded paint and wash thinner that collects the solvent vapor then condenses it to back to a solvent.

My new goal is to get below $0.03 a mile, in my Honda VX.

Last edited by pgfpro; 03-20-2015 at 12:59 AM..
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
bio fuel, lean burn, turbo compound