View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 11:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
BabyDiesel
Lean Burn Cruiser!

Big Blazin' - '88 Chevrolet K5 Blazer Silverado
SUV
90 day: 14.97 mpg (US)

Chili - '00 Honda Insight
Gen-1 Insights
Team Honda
House of Tudor
Team Streamliner
90 day: 72.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMundane View Post
Added my vehicle to the garage, and have started to log mpg. I have been logging since day one on fuelly, and havebstarted then log here going back to before I started the eco-modding and driving. So the baseline is stock with a heavy foot.

Added to my signature as well.

Now, as for grill blocking, I'm assuming cardboard will be fine temporarily, but what's a good lightweight material to use more permanently? Also what would be a good material for an belly pan? Just some type of plastic sheeting? Aluminum? Place I work we have thin aluminum plates that get recycled after use, would that be a good plan?
What a bunch of us use is choroplast, or corrugated plastic. It is the material that politicians put there names and slogan on to advertise themselves. After elections, this can be gotten for free. It cuts well, paints well and is durable. If it gets around the exhaust, it will just melt... Not sure on its flash point. I haven't heard of anyones CP catching,on fire... But I haven't been around here long LOL

This reply makes my 100th post thank you!

^^^Ahh, Spif beat me to it! What he said!

Grill block looks good! I wouldn't go full coverage till your UG comes in, though.

Remember, thank a fellow EM'er for a helpful post!!!
I hypermile better in my cowboy boots

Past threads:
ZX2 modding thread
Ecomodder's Top 10: How they do it!
ZX2 Aerodynamics: Shooting for 0.15 Cd
ZX2 coast-down testing for Cd & Crr