View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #124 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

I was directing the research reference to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
Why would I assume all research is available on the web rusty? Nuke sub workers are notoriously silent but they risk incarceration and possible treason charges unlike most of us. My nephews work is so top secret they had an armed Marine in the operating room when he had a colonoscopy.

I never presume lack of intelligence on the part of any other person. In fact I find innovation to be the realm of many who had very little formal education. Old man Honda is one example. I like to think I can learn something from just about anyone.

I like to help people in situations where my experience may proivide them with some benefit, and I particularly enjoy those who, even with educations and IQs above 160 to not measureable, who have that fantastic ability to explain something in such away as to make it understandable to even one with little formal training in the process being described.

It's fun to return the favor when it's possible.

regards
mech
And I am familiar with governmental security as I was excluded from numerous areas of research during the time I worked on nuclear accelerators for the Star Wars Initiative.

But, that is not what I am referring to. I was referring to those who wanted links, links and more links to studies that directly support my position. Government security is just one firewall to the flow of information. Corporate security is another. Another biggie is the dot edu repositories that are not accessible except with special permission. And then, there is research that is never published for some reason or another.

I wish all research was made accessible. It would make following research easier. Even the bad research provides data.

I have an in-law who was a professor of physics at a local university. He called me up to discuss HHO. This was surprising to me since he, prudently, doesn't believe HHO can work. He had several papers that were sent up from the Mechanical Engineering Department with a request from the Departmental Dean to review and comment on these lower division student lab reports. As it was, there seemed to be a fad among junior/senior level ME students to do their lab option by sticking an HHO device on their test engine. The reports ranged from "little happened" to "surprising". My in-laws assessment was "student errors and misunderstood anomalies". His take was that these undergrad class reports were not going to get published anyways so it mattered little. I wish I could get a hold of these reports. Gather enough data points and you can start to see patterns. That is why I do not like the fact that Ecomodders chase off all the HHO people. If we can educate them on the need for disciplined and documented work as well as make them feel comfortable enough to stay and report, we get data.

And I have made it simple to the point of error. I have simply stated my theory of how HHO could work as "it's ability to contract the combustion pressure curve". I have made this clear in other threads. The need to bring up thermochemistry and chemical kinetics was due to the derisive posts that claimed science does not support my position.

My son asked me once, " how does an airplane fly"? "It flies on the wind", was my answer. What am I supposed to say to a three year old?

"How does the wind make it fly"? "The wind pushes on the airplane the same way it pushes on you".

"How does the wind push on the airplane and me"?

At this point, I wished my son had the concepts of Bernoulli and Reynolds. I had to settle for " it is an invisible cloud that holds up the other clouds and an airplane flies on the invisible cloud".

There are limits to simplification.

-----

And Mr. Honda is an exceptional example of a brilliant mind coupled with discipline. So is Kelly Johnson. A brilliant mind accentuated and equipped by a formal education. And both had the key inherent trait of being creative. Yourself and others on this forum have that trait. It is what makes this place.
The Following User Says Thank You to RustyLugNut For This Useful Post:
user removed (04-14-2015)