View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 08:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
firehawk618
EcoModding Apprentice

97 Civic HX sedan VX trans - '98 Honda Civic LX + HX + VX
90 day: 41.9 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo53209@yahoo.com View Post
Soon comes the installation of all disassemble parts. What I'm most likely going to do is rent a transmission jack, given that my floor jack does not have enough reach to bolt the tranny back onto the engine.

Speaking of the engine, I might also rent an engine host; although, I'm not sure if that's necessary. Granted, the 4x8 piece of lumber I'm utilizing to suspend the engine, is for the most part doing its job. However; I can tell that the engine is tilting somewhat to the left. It's not drastic; but it's just enough where the holes to mounting brackets are slightly misaligned.

I highly recommend getting that jack if yours is a tiny one that doesn't have the reach necessary. The transaxle is relatively light but if you aren't trying to balance it that makes proper alignment MUCH easier.

As far as your engine tilting a bit I wouldn't worry about that at all. Once you have your input shaft and clutch splines lined up right you'll be able to glide it all the way on upto the alignment dowels. At that point a slight lift or twist on the trans will pop it right on.

You haven't mentioned your pilot bearing at all. Make sure you seat it all the way on your flywheel and do not hammer on the center of the bearing, only use the outer race for that.