View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 01:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
jimmylomax
EcoModding Lurker

Red FIRE Racer - '08 Honda Fit Sport
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
...Bump. @HilseeJ - did you ever get it sorted out?

I just bought a Fit and will be implementing some sort of kill switch.

Try as I might, I am unable to find a write up. If it doesn't exist, I'll create it.

So, using the PGM-FI system wiring diagram previously linked by Weatherspotter, I realize I need to find this Yellow wire with black stripe. I’ve popped the hood and poked around. It seems to me I’m going to have to start opening up the harness covering and poke around until I find it. The diagrams I’ve found so far do not make it clear to me how far upstream of the injectors I can go before the next junction for another fuel system component which I do not wish to electrically open – I’m guessing the IAC would be next, but do I care if it’s circuit is open? I would think immobilizer would be close to the PCM and I should then have quite a bit of junctions and options to try and pick off an easy one. Here is a link to “Wire harness Locations”. I’m guessing those other two up front are for fan and temp sensors which should also not be critical, right? I’m thinking about going in right in front where the harness comes down and around the intake – see photo. Thoughts?

hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/CTL/IMGFRAME.HTML
Here is the main harness diagram which I believe contains this 12v+ yellow/black wire. (sorry, I don't have permission to post links yet)

I tried attaching a mark-up of where I'm thinking of playing Operation first - need to churn out 4 more posts first.

Hopefully you can copy paste this into browser for pic
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58915303/2008%20Fit/IMG_20150420_114802_resize_markup.jpg

Thanks,
JL