View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 04:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
92civicvx
EcoModding Lurker

Panda - '92 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 53.55 mpg (US)

Charles II - '05 Honda Accord EX-L
90 day: 27.6 mpg (US)

Fitrari - '07 Honda Fit Sport
90 day: 36.4 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
That sounds awesome. I missed the MPGuino mention, but I am glad to learn you're also after the vacuum gauge. One of the best hypermiling strategies are the "P&G" and "EOC" ... you accelerate at about 75% or maybe 80% load (vacuum gauge guided) and then cut the engine off at a pre-determined speed (injector cut off switch) then you gide back down 10 or 15 mph, clutch start gently and start the acceleration process again.

The gauges will pay for themselves in a few tanks--a few weeks or a few months. It's the most effective strategy, including better than most mods.

Some of us are more devoted to it as a standard strategy than others. With my car I use it heavily in city driving or freeway traffic. On good open road I cut the engine less often and do a lot more steady cruising, because I have the same super-tall gearing you have in your transmission (I swapped).

Looking foward to your progress.
Thanks. I've been using EOC a decent amount. I don't have a switch wired up tho so it's just me turning the ign off. I never do that on the freeway. Only when I'm coming to a stoplight. P&G isn't something I've experimented with yet. Not trying to pop start my car that often. Haha 90% of my daily commute is freeway. Where did you hook your vacuum gauge up too?