View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 05:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92civicvx View Post
Thanks. I've been using EOC a decent amount. I don't have a switch wired up tho so it's just me turning the ign off. I never do that on the freeway. Only when I'm coming to a stoplight. P&G isn't something I've experimented with yet. Not trying to pop start my car that often. Haha 90% of my daily commute is freeway. Where did you hook your vacuum gauge up too?
My 98 Civic is OBD2, so I didn't need the vac gauge. I just got the Ultragauge and plug it into the OBD2 dataport. I have though of getting a vacuum gauge anyway, though, for the retro look and to have it in my OEM gauge cluster.

Here is a guy with the gauge installd via a "T" in one of the vacuum lines into the intake manifold. Then through the firewall. That's how it's done.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/K_V18f...watch&vnddnc=1

The two tone green dash is ugly though. Yikes!

James
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.