View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 08:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
spazfishy
EcoModding Lurker

[QUOTE=Then you need to know how to hook up a meter for parasitic drain test.
[/QUOTE]

Now I will prove exactly how inexperienced I am and hopefully you can still help me. I posted the volts for the new battery in a previous email. I am now failing at the how to hook up and read a meter for the parasitic drain test. I will insert a picture of the VOM I am using. I do know it is about the cheapest vom money can buy and if it is not going to do the job I can get my hands on a better one soon. Like, I mentioned though I am very very inexperienced with this so I am not sure which setting you are telling me to set it to. Please let me know what to set it to on my vom when you see the picture to complete your parasitic test. Next, I am confused a little about the battery hook up piece. You say to disconnect one lead from the battery, can it be positive or negative? Does this matter? Next the battery post, is this simply the cable that is still connected to the battery, is that the post? So if I am getting this part correct I would disconnect one cable from the battery, could be positive or negative. Then connect one wire from the vom to the loose cable and one wire of the vom to the connected wire. I am guessing the positive and negative on the vom do not matter at this point too. Is this correct so far? Please let me know which is the correct setting on my vom and if my logic is correct. I will then report back the milliamps of drain. Thanks again for your time. P.S. my father is pretty decent at this stuff so he can help me if it gets more complicated but I am flying solo for now. Also, if you have a computer problem I might be able to help. :P