View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 12:34 PM   #104 (permalink)
brucepick
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
We EcoModders are truly a bunch of overachievers.
EcoModders had an impressive list of first place wins - and other accomplishments - at this year's Green Grand Prix.

[I've updated this post to be as complete and accurate as possible. If you are aware of any additional information or corrections, please let me know. Thanks!]

I will propose to Bob G that for 2016, EcoModders would note EcoModder on our GGP application forms under "Company", which he could amend to "Company or Team". So EM would be mentioned along with each award we win.

Right off the top of my head - achievements at the 2015 GGP:

First in class to:
Crazy Jerry - Centurion - 250.64 mpg!!!
Robert Acevedo (sheepdog 44) - stock Insight
Mike Loveland - modded '93 Civic
Steven Kiel - modded 6 cyl Mustang

Otherwise noteworthy:

Finnie Wagaman - driving Bridget the Midget, now powered by a 3 cyl Kubota diesel, at approx 99.6+ mpg. That's 3-4 times the 25-30 mpg typically reported for stock MG Midgets on Fuely.com.

Matt Hooler - aka Drgreenthumb - drove his 2000 Insight in Stages 1 and 3. As noted by sheepdog 44 (aka Robert A) earlier, Matt's FCD indicated a very nice 76.2 mpg, but for an unknown reason his fuel fill record indicated a "mere" 46.9 mpg. I suspect the FCD was correct, but apparently the Green Grand Prix did not think the same.

Bruce Pick (me) and his navigator brother Steve - modded '96 Accord - took 2nd place in combined rally scores. I believe we beat out some seasoned rally drivers in that. Our 54.2 mpg on the track didn't beat Mike Loveland's 116.7, but but our recorded mpg is not too shabby at all for a 2800+ lb beast.

Last edited by brucepick; 04-23-2015 at 10:35 PM..