View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 10:39 AM   #297 (permalink)
vrmouseyd15b
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
I started putting the "new" body panels on Skiddy yesterday.. To get at the fenders, you have to remove the bumper first. 4 bolts behind the lower turn signal lamps, and 3 screws at either end of the bumper, by the wheels.

The new door needs a lot of goodies from the old one - window regulator, door card, mirror, some gasket/trim for the airseal,etc..

Started lining things up, and noticed the clip on the door frame had cracked out! This is for the thingie that "holds" the door open. I took the new door back out and "burned" a bead of weld across the top and inner side of it after tapping it back into place:

That should do for now, until I can get some primer and hopefully some rattle-can paint mixed up for little spots like this.

Back to work! still need the new fender installed and the bumper should go back on as well...

Now there's just a little cancer out back, over the wheel wells. A natural beauty!

More later.

EDIT:
I've been having some issues with my radio, It seemed like it would cut out at weird times on me. I took it out and double checked all my wiring for shorts / breaks and found none..

That had me a little worried. Out came the meter, and found that I wasn't losing voltage, I had TOO MUCH!! It seems that the voltage regulator had failed in my alternator - allowing it to send as much as 16.43 volts to it before it would cut out! New alternator at O'riellys was $75 - not too shabby.

I was glad to have discovered this alternator issue thru the radio acting up, versus an underhood fire or battery explosion! New alternator is in, but the radio's still all over the place and I'm not done with the driver's door either.

Skiddy, Skiddy, Skiddy. Always something!

Thanks,
Victor

Last edited by vrmouseyd15b; 04-24-2015 at 01:24 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vrmouseyd15b For This Useful Post:
AbramWagner (05-07-2015), OG VX (05-07-2015)