View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 07:52 PM   #108 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustygirl View Post
Crazy Jerry Thank you for the link to the diesel midget from 1980. very interesting. The car has/had 2 overdrives, the Toyota 5 speed of the day 5th gear is OD and the Laycock. It got me thinking and attached is a spreadsheet of known Kubota cars with their final drive information.
Now for the sad news, our actual mileage was 64.177 mpg I forwarded the correction to Bob. the confusion in the paperwork was due to being reclassified from production mod to exhibition. 99.6...I wish. Now as soon as I get the desire for an OD out of my system I can concentrate on aero modes and the Veggie oil conversion.

rustygirl,
I made the mpg correction on the spreadsheet referenced a few posts back - thanks for that update! The MG is most impressive on the track and 64+mpg is nothing to sneeze at. You've done an excellent Kubota transplant and transmission mating. I hope you will keep the forum updated from time-to-time should you change anything. You're a wealth of information as I found out at the event and thanks for sharing that spreadsheet of the Kubota cars and their final drives - excellent! Two:

~CrazyJerry