View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 10:43 AM   #110 (permalink)
brucepick
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
So, I have disappeared since the GGP. Long story short, there was an issue with fueling. Although my fuel gauge showed 43.2 MPG, the highest I have ever seen from a clear at 0 miles, it was not noted as so.

Last year, without correcting the odometer being off, I achieved 48.42 officially, as my readout said 42.1. That's 115.01%. By this same logic, I could have seen as much as 49.68 MPG.

I know 40 MPG is "good" for a Mustang. Fine. Whatever. But I don't compete to win. I compete to devastate. I compete to annihilate. This started out with my goal to get 30 MPG average from my Mustang, and my lifetime average with out a lot of recent entries is 35+. I didn't go there to beat some other 6 cylinders, or beat some other sports cars. I went there to take out some Prii, and many of the 4 cylinders. I'm sorry, but that isn't me. I lift harder with a partner, run faster when chasing someone, shoot better when hunting something, and I don't play to win, I play to crush my opponents, in my class or not.

But that must wait for next year. I want 50 now. I want it bad.

I've got time, some ideas, and things are coming together nicely so far. Better watch out, GGP 2016. We're getting serious.
What happened, exactly?
I think you said something about a fuse, after the GGP was done...

Anyway, based on 48.42 mpg in the 2014 GGP, I'm sure 50 is within reach for you. The event's calculations now include the hill climb and return to the pump, so it's a bit different from earlier years where our odometers got zeroed when entering the track. But I think you can surpass 50. And a bunch of Priuses/Prii/Priae.