View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 07:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Davo53209@yahoo.com
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86azms3 View Post
If you mean aligning the motor mounts, you might need a friend to push and shove the engine where it needs to be, or get a jack that lifts higher.
I'm now at the point of attempting to install the transmission.

Actually, I was able to bypass all of that when I rented a transmission jack for today. In fact, the tilt of the engine seems to be helping somewhat; but only somewhat.

Still, I cannot or I think I'm not correctly lining up the splines with the input shaft from the transmission into the the new clutch. In either regard, I can't see what's happening to make a proper judgement.

For those who may ask, I did test fit the new clutch to the input shaft ahead of time, whereas everything is fitting the way that they should; but whenever I seem to have the splines lined up, the transmission will not slide all of the way onto the dowel pins off of the engine.

I've tried adjusting the height and angle of the transmission jack, as well as rocking and shaking the transmission forward when everything seems to line up. It's only at this point, when the transmission doesn't slide forward onto the dowel pins. I've even attempted starting over while rotating the input shaft in hopes that it lines up.

At this point, I'm calling it quits for tonight, whereby I'm open to suggestions.