View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 06:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
The Other Andy
EcoModding Apprentice

To Be Determined (Too-be) - '15 Chevrolet Malibu LS Eco
90 day: 35.41 mpg (US)
First tank is in the log! These things seem to have large tanks, too. Next tank will see a few longer drives, and tire pressures bumped up a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009Toyotoad View Post
Sorry the Taurus got the "heave hoe." but some times folding is the smart option. Especially, if you don't have the time to track down reasonably priced replacement parts. Cobalts are a nice looking unit, and I'm sure Wisconsin weather both summer and winter will identify of the cars faults in short order. My Dad still lives in West Central Wisconsin, so I'm familiar with the typical weather/ driving challenges. A few thought of the car. Its been a while since I drove one as a rental, but I consider the suspension to be on the "too soft" side for that weight and size vehicle. Have the car re-alignment done a good local shop with the newest hunter alignment equipment. And even if it is within the "good range" for tire alignment spend the extra $$ for camber bolts if its not "spot on" aligned. It will save fuel and tires in the long run.

I may be a little bias after my GM experiences but I always felt GMs automobile line-up for Cobalts, Lumina, Monte Carlos handled more like CUVs in terms of suspension rather than the more crisp spring rates of a Ford/Toyo/Honda
It is a bit on the soft side, but to be honest I rather like that (especially given the quality of the roads on my commute). Unfortunately, the tires on it ride poorly.

Really though, a tad above Buick-rowboaty would be fine with me.