View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 04:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
whatmaycome14
Master EcoModder

Valerie - '03 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 55.79 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyDiesel View Post
I am interested to see if there are any benefits to your nose. Your frontal area has not increased by much IMO. The flaring out for the fender skirts stick out like a sore thumb (no pun intended) in the front photo, but this may decrease the drag in that area. TEST IT PLEASE!

I am reminded of basjoos saying that he saw/felt a difference when he put his nose on the Aerocivic. You can't tell until you try. Good work.
It's hard to say without being able to ABA test it. I really feel that is the only way to be scientifically accurate about any modifications. Once I get the mounting situation a little better (not requiring the existing bumper or fenders) I WILL be ABA testing this nose. It's going to be a little while before I can do that though.

However, that being said, I'm 51.5mpg so far on this tank (which is slightly better than my last 3-tank avg), and this has been the only significant change to the car. Still driving pretty much the way I always do. I'm trying to be as impartial as I can.