View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #401 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
In the event Centurion can make it to next year's Green Grand Prix, work must be done.

Stepping things up another notch, I've decided a great addition will be a rear diffuser. UltArc has done some excellent work fabricating a diffuser for the Aerostang and I believe he's on the right track with this.

Soooooo, I figured I'd create one as well - but custom shape it entirely different to further enhance Centurion's fuel economy.
With a limited tool selection to work with, this is of course no easy task. It is also just one of the projects started immediately after the 2015 Green Grand Prix. Currently installed on the car, any minor variations in the overall pattern can be addressed at another time. It's more important to actually see if once again luck will shine down on this project and improvement upon what already is working quite well may be realized.
Balancing precariously on scissor jacks allows a better view of it, so, here it is from the back just a short distance away:

And a little closer.....

The most up close shot is the one below.
I took the liberty of peeling it back in a few spots to give it some perspective. Although this a full length diffuser, it is sectional and thus making any servicing of the car much easier:

The fit-n-finish nearly suggests it was a factory option. Nearly.
There is more custom-picasso on the horizon but thought I'd throw this out there since the rather lengthy post Green Grand Prix sabbatical...
~CrazyJerry

Last edited by changzuki; 08-03-2018 at 10:40 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-04-2015)