View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
brucepick
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
Gen 1 Insight index/sticky idea

I'd love to see a sticky thread that's basically an index to the Insight Gen 1 info that's here.

I'm interested in the Insight Gen 1, and I know a bit about about dealing with some of the issues with the IMA battery pack. I've also done some study of the availability/unavailability of optimum tires. But I can't seem to put my hands on the key information, especially regarding the IMA battery, grid charger, restoration, etc.. I suspect it's all in here, scattered around in various threads, some of them pretty old, so they don't rise to the top of the list.

I've also looked at insightcentral and honda-tech.com. If the information is there, I think it's scattered there also, and needs persistent use of the search tools to find what you need. As for 99mpg.com, I think it was once a key resource, but Mike D seems to have discontinued offering some of his best products.

Am I making any sense? Does anyone here have the beginnings of an index or FAQ? Or is there a good indexed information source that I am overlooking?