View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 08:32 PM   #416 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHornet View Post
Great idea CJ

Let us know how much weight this cut out I am super curious
and of course how it works once its all dialed in.

I was thinking about something similar but venting it underneath the car. I was just concerned about the exhaust fumes potentially getting inside the cabin if the windows are opened. Hopefully you will not experience this problem.

looking forward to your feedback and results,

GH..
Hi GreenHornet!
The full exhaust that was removed was only 28 pounds.
The replacement unit is a just a bit over 7 pounds. It's easily removable in a few minutes and the car doesn't need to be raised. The muffler itself and the internal baffle are both replaceable - also without raising the car. There's not the slightest hint of exhaust fumes in the cabin even during traffic light stops. Best of all, it can't scrub the ground.
-

-
-
This is getting a little ahead of the next few posts, but performance-wise the Kubota is responding wonderfully with it. Nothing was lost on the upper or lower rpm ends. I tried using course steel wool to quiet it down but it simply didn't last, so the perforated disc was added. So far the disc is holding up well and can also be removed in a couple of minutes if necessary.
-
It took a pile of self-control to route it towards the ground. The world will never know how badly I wanted a stack!
-
~CrazyJerry

Last edited by changzuki; 08-03-2018 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: Added a baffle
The Following User Says Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
GreenHornet (06-13-2015)