View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 09:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Arragonis, there was a time that I played solitaire and the touch screen seemed perfect, but then I needed to clean my screen. I played before class and then put my laptop to sleep when lecture started. I tried talking to a classmate afterward and she kept telling me how disgusting the fingerprints were.

She was a preschool teacher. She should be accustomed to worse.

I did not want a touchscreen (or Windows 8), but I wanted to purchase a laptop through Costco, and they only had touchscreens (with Windows 8). I do not think that it makes sense to have the same interface on a computer that I have on my phone. A mouse cursor is accurate to the pixel, while my man hands take up far more real estate. The window frames in Win8 look like a child's plaything because they are intended for clumsy fingers, not an accurate mouse.

I really just want to fix the crack. Before I figured out that the digitizer was broken, not the screen, I was fine when the website made it extremely clear that the screens were non-touch (because the touch came from the digitizer).

If I could replace the digitizer with just a screen protector, I would.

I actually just got on my laptop because I was replacing Mom's digitizer, but the new one came without the ribbon to actually enable it. Dad left her an Envy X2; you can detach the screen and use it as a tablet.

You cannot do much with a non-touch tablet.