View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 06:42 AM   #59 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

Hey CJ,

Yeah I just didn't really have to much confidence in the flip up light system the Centurion had going. I figured that since I am making things more complicated all ready with all my modifications it would be nice to make at least one thing simpler LOL

Along with that as you know first hand that real estate under the hood is at a premium with these cars. I needed to create space right where the pulley, headlight motor and the hood latch was placed. The reason being is that I will be creating a smaller opening up front and boxing it in with a fanned out approach which will be housing the mini radiator. I will also be filling in a few inches of foam internally for better engine compartment insulation and to maintain the safety factor up front since I will be reshaping the front bumper and grille area which will see some foam reduction. So basically I am relocating the foam I will take from the front bumper to inside the engine bay.

So ultimately I did it because I needed the space but as a result I got the benefit of less complexity, lighter weight, more efficiency, more reliability, and better aerodynamics.

Not to shabby for a single modification