View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 10:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Well, I finished school, but averaged B-s. People say "Cs earn degrees" and I respond "Do push-ups!"

I despise that saying... a friend with a PhD said it to me and I asked if he earned Cs in grad school. He responded that if you earn Cs in grad school, you are no longer in grad school.

Meanwhile, you cannot really have a career in Speech Language Pathology without a Master's, and the lowest GPA requirement that I saw for over two hundred programs in the United States was 3.11.

Can you see the problem with earning Cs?

The VA diagnosed me with ADHD and prescribed Ritalin, which did not seem to do anything, but I took that diagnosis to ASU, and they assigned me a notetaker. That helped, but it was too late.

I recently met someone that said his professor told the class to not even bother trying to take notes, he simply talked too fast. He said "challenge accepted," opened a Google Document, had everyone use different colors, and if they did not understand something, one student looked through the textbook, another looked on-line, and the rest continued taking notes on lecture.

However, the rest of my classmates seemed to manage somehow.