View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 05:12 PM   #62 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack View Post
there is a difference between condoning something, and being realistic about it.
3 things:

#1>
Clarification ?
Does that mean you are not condoning the use of conflict war ? ... or are you also not condoning conflict/war as being the only reliable answer? .. in the context of this discussion about it.

#2>
Condoning was only 1 or two things you asserted.

How about the other:
"I don't know of any reliable answers aside from conflict."

Than your latter claim :
"I'm not promoting conflict"

Claiming it is the only reliable answer reads pretty much like you promoting it .. at least as the only reliable answer.

#3>
Please explain/elaborate on your:
"being realistic about it"

That tiny snip only suggests your opinion about your opinion .. it doesn't explain the basis for your opinion , nor how you have accommodated or compensated for all the real world data presented here thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack View Post
So, you don't fault someone for looking after their kids more than someone elses? or if they are part of a pack (or say a "tribe")? unless the actions of the kid disagrees with your moral viewpoint?
Your simplistic conclusion about me is at best inaccurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Hack
Folks like easy answers, but they aren't necessarily the right answers.
.. I guess you do too

As posted before there are different 'shoulds' .. there is not just one .. they are not mutually exclusive .. they can and often do overlap.

As for your new question above about weather I would fault them .. Which standpoint for fault ? .. fault for what ? They might be at fault for some things while not at fault for others all at the same time , from the same choice .. different standpoints / criteria / specifics / shoulds / etc... etc.

- - - - - -
Note:
Why or how much we care for Person A at all .. or more than Person B is not exclusively determined by our genetic connection to that person A or B .. that genetic connection influence to care for that Person A or B is the influence described in my previous 1 .. but might not apply to 2 and 3 ... that influence genetic part has a finite influence on your final resulting amount of 'care' for Person A or Person B.