View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 04:27 PM   #96 (permalink)
bluesteel93
EcoModding Apprentice

Turtle - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 48.37 mpg (US)

SVO - '86 Ford Mustang SVO
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 22.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I think it looks excellent, and this last photo really shows it. I love how precise, relative to most of our EM workmanship, your meeting points of the Kamm and the window framing are. Also, it is possible that the 12" is better than the 18" ... others will know more/better, but afer a while the kamm, sticking out behind the car without sides extending its length, wouod start to get hit by airflow from the sides of the car and might start to produce its own turbulence.
Thanks for the kind words everyone. California98Civic, thank you especially and this means a lot to me. Although, while I do think the quality of the kammback is acceptable, there are a couple minor cosmetic problems that are hard to see in the pictures, but that I do plan to fix in the future. The first being the bow in the center of the kamm where it meets the roofline. This was caused by the heat from welding on the mounting points which made the aluminum warp slightly. It is also slightly uneven on the top of the kamm, above the mounting points, from where I ground down the penetrating welds. Some filler bondo and a little sanding should take care of these issues though, and I plan to work on it again soon... hopefully. None of these issues should affect the functionality though, they are just little things that bug me.