View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
ThePrudentNinja
EcoModding Lurker

Red Bean - '01 Chevrolet Metro
90 day: 34.44 mpg (US)
UPDATE: Just filled up today. First tank of fuel and rather impressed with the fuel economy. This whole tank was "city" driving (the fastest I went was 45mph). I even ran the air conditioner for about 25% of the time. The rest of the time windows down. No mods yet. Fuel economy: 34.44MPG. Oh and also for HALF the tank the back tires were horrible underinflated (my bad). Pressure read less than 15psi on the back tires when I checked them half way through the tank lol. Pumped all up to 35psi and went with it. I was wondering why it coasted like a brick. Was so wrapped up in "new car" I.. forgot to check.

I did notice that the shift pattern for this car is rather odd to me. It shifts from first to second at around 10-15mph and from second to third around 20-25mph. It only has three gears! I can't wrap my head around this thing being in one gear from 20mph or so all the way to the supposed top speed of 85mph.

I also noticed it likely needs an alignment. Some of the noise and rattling appears to be the exhaust (it's rather loose in places). Still needs CV axles, will hopefully get that done soon.