View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
jeff88
Lots of Questions

Motor-Rolla - '01 Toyota Corolla LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 28.3 mpg (US)

Gaia - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Highlander
90 day: 19.78 mpg (US)

Gaia - Round 2 - '99 Toyota 4runner SR5 Highlander
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Welcome to the site!

If you're like me, you won't want to do any mods to the car that take away from the appeal of the Mercedes. If that's the case, then I would keep all the mods under the hood and under the chassis.

You should start with some gauges. I have an UltraGauge because it has more gauges on the screen and is cheaper, but you can get a ScanGauge, bluetooth adapter, or anything else you find.

In terms of aerodynamic mods, start with an air dam, maybe a few inches back so it's not noticeable if you prefer. A lot of OEMs are doing this too, so it has to work just as if it were all the way up front. If you do a grill block, you can block it from behind the grill. Not as effective, but you get to keep that iconic Mercedes grill. You can also do a full belly pan to clean up (aerodynamically) the bottom. After that, you can install a rear diffuser so the air exits better. All of this will provide great aero benefit, with little to no changes to the "look" of the car.

You can also make some engine and drivetrain mods too. Try making a warm air intake. You can put a taller final gear in. Lot's of different things to do.

What part of the Bay are you in?

Best EM Quotes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
It has been said, that if you peel the duct tape back on Earth's equator, you'll find that the two hemispheres are held together with J B Weld.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9 View Post
subscribed with a soda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
If you're burning,and someone throws gasoline on you,there will be a localized cooling effect, but you're still on fire.