View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 06:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansj3 View Post
I know it has stock alloy rims, so not much I can do there. The tires are some Goodyear silent armor somethings and are good all around tires

I will have to look into the driveshaft, but with short box short cab the difference may not be as dramatic,
I will have to look into the fan too

Did the suburbans come with an air dam? Mine is a z71, so there was no air dam from the factory. Did they make a good difference?

I've kept it maintained well over the years for him, so the truck isn't exactly new to me,

And I know that driving the short distance is hard on it, but it can't be helped. There is 200ft of elevation change and two really busy roads to contend with. I'd rather cause a slow death to my vehicles than a fast one for me
In '03, the Silverado changed it's front sheetmetal, but the Tahoe and Suburban retained it for a few more years. I'd look for a lower bumper fascia and air dam off an '05-'06 Tahoe or 'Burb since those had the largest air dam. '05-'06 also had the e-fans. Those two mods were supposed to be about a 1mpg bump over the '04 model. Note that the fans aren't quite plug-n-play. You need a tuner to modify your CPU to switch the fans on and off and a wiring harness (I had planned to use http://www.blackbearperformance.com/services.asp).

That 4.8L is a great motor, I've got one in my wife's 2wd Tahoe that we can get 25mpg hwy with, and I had one in my old Silverado. You may get some ideas from the thread in my signature for the Silverado.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods