View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
metromizer
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing View Post
Heck, forgot to ask...which team and when?
Steve Chrisman, T/F 700 at the 2005 Autolite Natls. at Somona. My experience with crewing on a friends TAD team helped land me land the one-race gig on the Top Fuel Dragster. Steve had me doing half of the top-end. They are the first and only TF team to run a sub 5 second pass without clutch management (without a clutch cannon and timers, basically a TAD clutch). Steve builds and sells rear ends to the top fuel funnycar teams, and runs a few races/year for his "Disneyland E-Ticket Ride" he calls it.

I have been drag racing my own cars for about 12 years, won two NASA VW championships, been on ESPN and the cover boy for a car mag <my 15 minutes of fame, LOL> but I'm parked at the moment (out of dough, don't cha-know). I build my own engines, do everything but paint and transmissions. My friends sold their TAD a few years ago, which I also crewed on for maybe 15 events over the years.

I've still got my fingers in racing, I'm building a couple engines right now, and still have all my race equipment. I also do a little writting, I just submitted a short 400 word article promoting the upcoming Louie Vermiel Classis USAC show at Calistoga (I know it wil get published, I have the inside track with the editor)