View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 05:31 PM   #1931 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I think I found out what was wrong in the code that caused the weirdness. I'm going to go test it, in the 3,000,000degF shop.
So you have not buried 300 feet of copper tube and tried the circulation pump/car radiator/fan cooling we discussed?

Quote:
There are 2 sets of PI values. For kp-id ki-id, and kp-iq ki-iq. I had kp-iq and ki-iq set to weird values. It works to set them to the same as kp-id and kp-iq. If you don't want to wait around for me, type something like this:

kp-id 1000
ki-id 1
kp-iq 1000
ki-iq 1

run-pi-test
OK - something to try tonight. I'll maybe hold off on using the wire cutters on burnt MOSfets.

Quote:
So, each time you change the values, change it for both of them. I'll change the code so that it happens automatically. I just wasn't sure if there was ever a situation where kp and ki for Id and Iq needed to be different. It never had to be for the 2 motors I've tested so far.
Was that something you did to allow the controller to work with PMDC or switched reluctance type motors, without changing the code?

Quote:
I'm going to send over another hex file. I also had set Id to 75amp, and Iq to 0amp. It would make more sense for Id to be 0 and Iq to be 75.
Whatever you say!