Thread: New from Oregon
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donahue View Post
yeah, its seems almost all the references to the HX model are from 6th gen civics, not too many 7th gen ones.

as for the the aeromods, probably not. I dont have a whole lot of time or money to devote to this car. maybe some small things like a radiator block, or some kind of lip. an undercar something would be nice from the noise perspective.

with lean burn, what should i be expecting to feel? where would i feel it, in something like pedal resistance?
You can peruse the thread in my signature for ideas. I have an '01 HX.

When lean burn engages it feels like the engine stumbles just a little and makes a little less power. When it disengages, there is a slight surge. It's very subtle, and likely you won't notice it until you get a gauge to verify when it happens.

The MPGuino will be most accurate, but I like the Ultragauge for the wide range of useful features at a very reasonable cost and easy install. I'm just aware of the fact that it is inaccurate under lean burn and don't put much faith in it if I use lean burn a lot. When I do use lean burn a lot, my mileage for the tank is higher than what is reported on the Ultragauge.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods