View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 08:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
I feel similarly to you on many things (although I am quite... "passionate"), and I watch what people are doing (although they're hard to predict)... but when someone tries to kill me, whether I'm on a bike or driving my truck, I take that as a personal offense.

Carrying a copy of the statute is a good suggestion; when I had two cars and collector plates I used to carry the statute allowing my original 1965 plate. It ended up being a non-issue. Most of these things are. But it's always that one time, right?

The camera... that would be nice to have. GM puts PICpatch labels over our phone lenses, so it's hard to whip out the camera at a moment's notice.

FWIW, my girlfriend does tech support for police at the moment and she has asked about bikes... the answer was that officers are very unlikely to pull over a cyclist in Michigan. The reason? It's hard to pin them on something, and if you do, you can't take away their driver's license! I'm not advocating dangerous behavior, but when cycling laws don't make any sense, I seldom worry about it any more.

Last edited by Sven7; 10-09-2015 at 09:00 PM..