View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 10:40 AM   #342 (permalink)
BabyDiesel
Lean Burn Cruiser!

Big Blazin' - '88 Chevrolet K5 Blazer Silverado
SUV
90 day: 14.97 mpg (US)

Chili - '00 Honda Insight
Gen-1 Insights
Team Honda
House of Tudor
Team Streamliner
90 day: 72.29 mpg (US)
Well, the plans for yesterday fell completely through. No tuft testing was done, not was the wideband installed. The mechanic who was to do the exhaust work for me and my brother (who is getting 2" true duals with 2014 Ram cats, no mufflers on his 97 Ram 5.2, !$$$!) had a fuel pump to do that wound up taking all day. We were waiting around most of the day, afraid to do much of anything because he would sure enough call us. No brakes done, no IM gasket, no new fender plastic. Ba-humbug

I did get somethings accomplished in spite of it all I started by ripping the spot where the CD player and Climate Control knobs are.

What am I doing next may stun you...

I'm simply making a new center piece to house all of my new gauges and switches. This will house a MPGuino, AFR gauge, lean burn switch, TCC lockup switch, etc. Cutting was done with a temper-mental Zaw-Zaw, hence the imperfections.

It won't stay plywood for long. Here is preliminary backyard hydro-dipping testing on a scrap piece of plywood

I absolutely LOVE it! It will be triple dipped when complete.

I was able to have enough daylight to complete a almost 100% lower grill block and fix my rear fender skirts. The front edge of the skirts were sticking out past the body, and I installed a piece of hardware to pull them back in. That is what you're seeing, freshly tucked!

I do plan on redoing everything to look better in the future

I also had several really good trips yesterday before the mods. 41.9 to McDonald's, 66.3 coming back to la casa. 48.1 to get a haircut, 61.7 coming back home. Tank average is 54.0 mpg, hoping that it can stay at that or increase!

Remember, thank a fellow EM'er for a helpful post!!!
I hypermile better in my cowboy boots

Past threads:
ZX2 modding thread
Ecomodder's Top 10: How they do it!
ZX2 Aerodynamics: Shooting for 0.15 Cd
ZX2 coast-down testing for Cd & Crr
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BabyDiesel For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-13-2015), Joggernot (10-11-2015), MobilOne (11-13-2015)