View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 12:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
ecoboy
EcoModding Lurker

RE: Cost of Decent Man Insight or VX

cowmeat,

Glad to hear you have had good luck with your insights if you don't mind me asking how much did they run you?

I don't mind putting money into a vehicle, but my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee has been a never ending little shop of horrors. My jeep is that plant saying "feed me". When I was a computer tech I need to haul massive loads of equiptment, and that that job is over I just want a reliable vehicle that cost as little as possible in gas and repairs.

I had a 1995 Geo Prizm and the only repairs that i needed were, starter, alternator, and a clutch. All parts that wear out on most vehicles. I could go 2 to 3 before it needed more money.

This jeep is $1000 every time I need an inspection sticker. Like it or lump it big, heavy vehicles have more joints, links, and suspension junk to brake. All that weight and poor roads here ensure a nice big repair bill every year.

I loved that Geo best car ever. Going to look at an auto version for $800 just passed inspection.

Anyone want to turn my jeep into a hybrid, or blow it up with a 10 gauage? I think I like the 2nd option better. Engine is strong and never let me down, but has a million little joints and stuff that go bad on a regular basis.