View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 01:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
bdesj
EcoModding Apprentice

Toyota - '94 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.91 mpg (US)

Scooter - '06 Yamaha Majesty
90 day: 31.65 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
We haven't heard why the migration away from the Mac Mini.

Can you retain the Mini alongside that Windows thing?
I suppose we could keep two desk-top systems, but... why? Although the Mini by itself is very compact, by the time we add in modem, router, monitor, printer, and the slew of cables that connect them all, it takes up a full desk.

My migraton to Windows is more complicated. The easily explained part is what I wrote about not having knowledgeable problem solving help easily available. The more sticky reason is that I feel a large amount of shame in falling for Apple`s marketing BS. Not so much against Apple because all successful companies do the same thing, but usually I can see through it. I really bought into the "Mac and PC" ad campaign when I decided to shell out extra money for the Mini- expected I could just open the box, plug it in, and be rolling with never a worry. Not so. Now that my nearly full hard drive is slowing down and choking up frequently, certain websites work only partially with my out-of-date browsers (which I can`t update with my out-of-date OS), and some websites (my bank) no longer work at all, I need to replace with SOMETHING. Might as well get a $200 Dell or HP to roll with for the next round. I took a chance with the Mini, and there were some aspects I liked a lot, but all in all, one dance with Apple was enough for me.