View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 07:54 PM   #499 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
Moving to the rear side windows turned out to be an eye opener. Seems the urethane I used to glue those windows in may have been a poor recipe from the factory. It didn't stick very well to either the lexan windows or the window flange. Removing both rear windows was as easy as pushing them out - no special tools needed.
-

-

-
-
Once the pieces were out, wet sanding about a 1-inch swath around the perimeter with 1500 grit paper should provide enough scratches for the black border paint to stick to. The idea is to have a similar window border as those door windows have. Once the paint is dry, then the new rubber moulding can be applied around the edge.
-

-
-
Re-installed, the new urethane really grabs and makes a nice solid seal. No leaks and they won't fall out.
-

-

-
-
Any work completed is always followed by a road test.
-

-

-
-
During the road test, I couldn't help but notice the bead of urethane around the inside of the front windshield.
-
And then I wondered what would happen if I pushed on the windshield - from the inside.... just a little bit
-
Well.... I did buy all the previous urethane at the same time - probably from the same batch....
-
~CrazyJerry

Last edited by changzuki; 08-03-2018 at 10:23 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
GreenHornet (10-16-2015), Joggernot (10-16-2015)