View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 08:33 PM   #368 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Had a scare on my test engine "lawn mower"

Went to mow the lawn today and my lawn mower didn't want to start very easy, then when it finally fired off it didn't run very long. To those who haven't been follow this thread closely my lawn mower has been my waste solvent test bed since early Summer. My last test the lawn mower was running on 90% DTR601 reducer. So I took the carburetor apart and blew out all the passages check the float and needle and seat etc. I couldn't find anything that looked bad it was very clean. So I change the spark plug and dump out the DTR 601 and replaced it with pump fuel. Went to start it up and it still ran like crap. I had some starter fluid and when I sprayed it at the T/B it ran smoother so I knew it wanted more fuel and it was a lean condition. So I took the carb apart again and double checked everything. This time I noticed the o-ring on the manifold to carb look stretched so I replaced it and put it back again. It started on the first pull and ran great. So the waste solvent is killing the o-ring in which I thought this could be a problem? So now I will change out the o-ring every season has normal maintenance.